How late can you put a child up for adoption? When is it too late to find adoptive parents for my baby? Can you put your baby up for adoption after you’ve had him?
If you are considering adoption in the late stages of pregnancy or if you have already given birth, you may feel overwhelmed by a flood of questions like these. But it is never too late to consider your options and make the best choice for yourself and your baby — and it is never too late to choose adoption. Regardless of where you are in your pregnancy, or even if your baby has already been born, Kevin Kenney can provide the services you need to complete the adoption process.
Below, learn more about placing a baby for adoption at birth or even after pregnancy.
When to Start Considering Adoption in Kansas City
Many women are hesitant to begin the adoption process late in their pregnancy or after their baby is born because they fear there isn’t enough time to complete the entire adoption process and find the perfect adoptive family for their child.
However, this simply isn’t true. There are currently hundreds of waiting families in Kansas City and around the country who have been pre-screened and approved to adopt. As soon as you contact Kevin about your interest in adoption, he can connect you with an agency representing these families so you can look for hopeful parents who fit your adoption goals. In addition, he can provide all of the services you need to complete the adoption process as quickly as needed.
The Last-Minute Adoption Process
Regardless of your stage of pregnancy, you are still entitled to the same services and care you need to complete the adoption process safely, legally and confidently. If you choose to place your baby late in your pregnancy or after birth, you can work with Kevin to complete the following steps:
- Begin the process: Contact Kevin to learn more about adoption in Kansas or Missouri and to talk about your adoption plans and goals.
- Receive support: Kevin will refer you to a licensed adoption specialist, who can provide professional counseling and support services and help you create a last-minute adoption plan for your baby.
- Review family profiles: Kevin or the adoption specialist will give you profiles for waiting families who may be a good fit for you. Whatever type of family you are hoping to find for your child, Kevin can work with you and the agencies he partners with to find the perfect waiting parents to meet your needs.
- Choose a family: After reviewing as many profiles as you need, you can choose a family that matches your hopes and dreams for your child based on a number of factors: their interests, lifestyle, religion, cultural background, family size, home and neighborhood, educational and professional background, and more.
- Get to know the family: You will have an opportunity to get to know the prospective adoptive family if you wish — Kevin or an adoption specialist can schedule a phone call for you, and they can travel to the hospital to meet you and your baby within hours of contacting them.
- Complete the adoption: When you are ready, you can work with Kevin to sign the adoption paperwork and legally complete the adoption.
While your adoption process may be condensed into a matter of hours or days, remember that you will still have the same rights and choices as any other mother who chooses adoption. You will always be in control of your adoption plan — it will be up to you to choose the adoptive family, the amount of contact you want to have with them, and more. In addition, you are still entitled to free adoption services, and all of your legal expenses and medical bills should be covered for you.
Whether your due date is quickly approaching or your baby has already been born, Kevin can help you complete all of the necessary steps to place your baby for adoption with the perfect family for him or her. Contact Kevin now to learn more about the adoption process and his services for new and expecting mothers.